This is the total number of varieties of apples in the world. This information is the result of a compilation of all living gene databases kept by the national official bodies around the world.
See our apple varieties.
DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING
Combining security and speed of development
The new mutant is named Gala Star®Galafab. Star Fruit is actively involved in a development operation to combine plant material security and speed of marketing . The license manager starts several projects simultaneously:
- Steps to plant protection
- Steps to stabilize mutations: implanting trees in test orchards from buds, then taking samples of new grafts on those trees, and so on. The process aims to ensure that the cultivar does not evolves towards a reversion phenomenon. Gala Star ® Galafab is stable from its 5th generation.
- Multiplication of Gala Star ® Galafab from indexed material, healthy and virus free
- implantation in the experimentation orchards of Star Fruits where it is compared with different Gala clones
- Progressive enlargement of the experiment to other assessment centers
- Rapid deployment in production orchards to check the returned behavior of the cultivar in real-time
- The deposition of a request for VOC Gala Star ® Galafab
- Protection of the Star Gala ® brand
- First expeditions to exterior territories and quarantine
The proliferation of testing and careful attention to experimental results convinced Star Fruits of the value of Gala Star®Galafab for the sector. In 2014, the license manager has already released more than 150 000 trees.
An apple recognized by industry players
An apple with interesting propertiesin a highly segmented market:
- Early coloration
- A very significant red-washed coloration surface
optimized picking in two passes
A protected brand
To learn more about STAR GALA: http://catalogue.starfruits-diffusion.com/variete/gala-star-galafab/