This is the number of varieties that were protected by Star Fruits in 2015.
For example, in the European Union, the European Certificate of Plant Production (VOC) constitutes the property title to plant species. It confers on the holder, exclusive rights to produce and market all or part of the plant material concerned, including the fruit. The authorization of the holder is necessary for any person wishing to perform one or all the acts covered by its exclusivity.
It is by granting VOC to a variety that Star Fruits allows it to be protected in Europe.
Star Fruits is committed to protecting intellectual property rights by:
- Enforcing national law in the matter: the European Certificate of Plant Production (VOCs), patent, trademark, etc.This right varies from country to country. Star Fruit is a constituted agent to represent and defend the interests of breeders and their creation in all countries.
- Developing commercial contracts that refer to the ownership of intellectual right.
- Ensuring the full implementation of these contracts for which thecompany shall be responsible.
- Collecting royalties for the benefit of breeders.
- Actively participating ininternational movements and networks that defend the property of intellectual rights, eg GESLIVE (Spain) / , CIOPORA / AOHE (France), EDIFRUIT (France).
Star Fruits brings the benefit of advice and shared development by :
- By engagingin technical work, such as that brought on by EUFRIN or FRUIT BREEDOMICS .
- By participatingin international networking. As a result, Star Fruits is a member of AIGN ® which is an international network nurserymen
- By facilitating access to information from different local politics from various territories in which its members intervene. This network has proved very useful for the diffusion of new varieties allowing to manage problems that can arise as a result of constant evolution of local regulations regarding the management of plant material.
- Offering the possibilityto breeders to access integrated management of their creations
- Supporting the development, marketing and promotion of varietal innovation, thanks toits many partnerships in the downstream branch.