From their creation, it is the number of years necessary to ensure the commercial success of the most popular fruit varieties.
The time in question when discussing varietal innovation is long. It is during this time that the work of Star Fruits is conducted.
Star Fruits frames the evaluation process using precise and selected criteria:
The qualityof the fruit; size, flavor, acidity, level of sugar, epidermis, etc.
- The qualityof the fruit; size, flavor, acidity, level of sugar, epidermis, etc.
- Itsresistance to manipulation
- Itsstorage capabilities
- Its profitability
- The agriculturalquality of tree; cultivars are selected for their simplicity of cultivation.
- Its guaranteefor plant recovery
- Its rapid fruit set
- The good aging of the orchard
- The easewith which the tree is brought to the pruning stage
- Its productivity
- Limiting the number of necessary interventions during cultivation:Thinning, number of passes necessary at harvest, etc.
Star Fruits uses a global and graduated method of evaluation :
- By the first cultivation of orchards in ideal conditions.This evaluation is to test the genetic potential of varietal creations, and to allow for a first selection. It is also the means of recognizing the feasibility of development of a variety on any given territory.
- By progressive movement to the orchards through similar conditions to those encounteredin orchard production. Information about the graft and rootstocks, as well as formation and conduct of the tree are centralized by Star Fruit.