Seven inventive nurserymen
Their names are TOULEMONDE, DEMOL, VEAUVY, NOIR, VERNET, MEYNAUD and CROS. They are nurserymen in the Rhone Valley (France). To cope with the decline in fruit consumption and convince breeders, they decided to form an Economic Interest Group (EIG): Star Fruit was born. Discover their story .
Star Fruits protects the link between nurserymen and other actors in the sector by:
- Fostering collaborations withnurserymen that offer optimal conditions for exploiting the potential variety of genetics.
- Enforcing the laws ofintellectual property
- Requiring a reliable tree quality for producers:authenticity of the variety, absence of disease, etc.
- Privileging models of plant material multiplication inspired bythe French certification system
Star Fruits provides them with advanced technical and methodological support by:
- Selecting healthy and authentic plant material which will privilege multiplication
- Providing accessto rootstocks that are complementary to varieties to ensure the best possible combination
- Offeringaccess to demonstration orchards
- Giving accessto ample technical information about the varieties
- Offering a complete rangeof varieties allowing for the covering of a bid for the entire season
- Creating communication media for the promotion of new varietieson behalf of producers