A particularly dynamic hybridization program
AC Fruit is part of the procurement programs for which sub-licensees are responsible for development.
AC Fruit, constitutes 15,000 hybrids and 400 varieties of peaches, nectarines and apricots. There are 4,000 new hybrids produced each year from 20 to 25 crosses. They are mainly 4 shareholders producing fruit, and Star Fruits has been accompanying the project since the very beginning of its history in 1982.
Star Fruits has a mandate to its licensees to:
- Protect and promoteits master licenses on behalf of parteners in the fruit industry abroad
- Ensure legal monitoring and regulation on the management of each county’s intellectual and property rights.
- Educate distributors on the respect for intellectual property rights
- Ensureeconomic and strategic monitoring in order to detect certain business opportunities
Star Fruit provides them with privileged access to breeding programs by:
- Welcoming them on their controlled orchards, or even on those of breeders, from the first steps pf the selection of new varieties
- Offering early access to new cultivars
- Offering the possibilityto integrate some of their selection criteria into the procurement program
- Providing assistancein the selection of varieties that are addressed to them through the dissemination of technical information
- Operating a rigorous selection of plant material: authentic and healthy, to alloweveryone to evaluate the behavior of a variety on its territory, then to reproduce it.
- Connecting licenseesto promote the sharing of experiences and exchanges around the selection and the evaluation processes.